41 Watchung Plaza, #132
Montclair, NJ 07042
- Digital Books
- Business Models for eBooks in Libraries
- Book Digitization
- Full-text Indexing of Books
- Digital Copyrights
- Internet Publishing and Electronic Resource Management in Libraries
- Growth of GaN and AlN films
- BKBO- the conventional high Tc superconductor
- Epitaxy of Dissimilar Materials
- Je parle Français.
- Jag talar lite grand svenska.
My blog is called Go To Hellman. I write about things that interest me.
Recentish articles published elsewhere:
- "Scholarly Link Specification Framework (S-Link-S)", Eric Hellman, http://www.openly.com/slinks/SLinkS.html , (1998-2006).
- "OpenURL: making the link to libraries", Eric Hellman, Learned Publishing 16(3) 177-181.
- "OpenURL COinS: A Convention to Embed Bibliographic Metadata in HTML" Eric Hellman http://ocoins.info/ (2005).
- "Linking Service to Open Access Repositories", Shigeki Sugita, Kunie Horikoshi and Masako Suzuki, Hokkaido University; Shin Kataoka, E. S. Hellman, and Keiji Suzuki, D-Lib Magazine, (March/April 2007). http://www.dlib.org/dlib/march07/sugita/03sugita.html
A partial list of semiconductor physics papers is available on my MIJ-NSR HomePage.
My Ph. D. Dissertation was entitled "Hot Electron Resistance and Magnetoresistance in High Purity Gallium Arsenide".
Laws of Meta-Science
- The Irrelevance of Chemistry Rule
- If Chemistry's important, then you're in big trouble.
- The Irrelevance of Chemistry Corollary
- If you think Physics is important, then you're overlooking some Chemistry.
Corporate Research Lab Sociology
- Bell Labs researchers and IBM researchers are very similar. They're like diodes, because information only flows in one direction. It's just a different direction.
- Reasons to listen
- You should always listen carefully to what an IBM researcher has to say-- He's a world's expert!
- You should always listen carefully to what a Bell Labs researcher has to say--You're an idiot!
last revision 12/3/2011